Buy The Dip In MGM Resorts Stock?
Despite macroeconomic headwinds from the Russia-Ukraine war and skyrocketing inflation, the shares of MGM Resorts (NYSE: MGM) declined by just 12% since early February. This can largely be attributed to the popularity of the company’s sports betting application, BetMGM, and temporary extension of casino licenses in Macau. Notably, the company’s China arm contributes around 20% of total revenues and profits. Moreover, there is an expectation of a complete recovery in MGM Resorts’ revenues in 2022. Per Trefis machine learning engine which analyzes historical stock price movements, MGM stock has a 74% chance of a rise over the next month (21 trading days). See our analysis MGM Resorts Stock Chance of Rise for more details. (related: Time To Take Positions In Las Vegas Sands Stock?)
Five Days: MGM 6.5%, vs. S&P 500 2.4%; Outperformed market (9% event probability)
- MGM stock gained 6.5% over a five-day trading period ending 03/16/2022, compared to the broader market (S&P500) which rose 2.4%.
- Returns of 6.5% or higher over a five-day period on 220 occasions out of 2516 (9%); Stock rose in the next five days in 112 of these 220 instances (51%).
- Up 16% Over The Past Month, What’s Next For MGM Stock?
- With A Strong Vegas Business And A Possible Recovery In Macau, What’s Next For MGM Stock?
- What’s Next For MGM Resorts After A Strong Q2?
- What’s Happening With MGM Resorts Stock?
- Will Caesars Entertainment Stock Stage A Quick Recovery?
- Why Is The Market Rewarding MGM Resorts Stock?
Ten Days: MGM -4.4%, vs. S&P 500 -0.9%; Underperformed market (24% event probability)
- MGM stock declined 4.4% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which fell by 1%.
- Returns of -4.4% or lower over a 10-day period on 598 occasions out of 2516 (24%); Stock rose in the next 10 days in 362 of these 598 instances (61%).
Twenty-One Days: MGM -12%, vs. S&P 500 -3.2%; Underperformed market (5% event probability)
- MGM stock declined 12% over the last twenty-one trading days (about one month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which fell 3.2%.
- Returns of -12% or lower over 21-day period on 115 occasions out of 2515 (5%); Stock rose in the next 21 days in 85 of these 115 instances (74%).
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since the end of 2016.
|S&P 500 Return||-3%||-11%||90%|
|Trefis MS Portfolio Return||-4%||-14%||239%|
 Month-to-date and year-to-date as of 3/16/2022
 Cumulative total returns since the end of 2016
Invest with Trefis Market-Beating Portfolios
See all Trefis Price Estimates