Yahoo Earnings: Decline In Revenue And Profit Continue
Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) reported its results on July 19th, and its revenues declined in line with our expectation. However,the Change in Revenue Presentation contributed $218 million to GAAP revenue in the Americas, $33 million to GAAP revenue in EMEA, and $1 million to GAAP revenue in Asia Pacific. Excluding the impact of the Change in Revenue Presentation, GAAP revenue for Q2’16 would have been: $837 million in the Americas (a decrease of 16%); $70 million in EMEA (a decrease of 19%); and $149 million in Asia Pacific (a decrease of 10%). The bid process for its core business is still underway, and the company did not make any disclosure on it. The company also reported net losses amounted to $440 million , primarily due to goodwill and intangible asset impairment charges related to Tumblr. A summary of the results is as follows:
- Yahoo Price Estimate Revised To $50 As Company Commences $3 Billion Buyback
- Yahoo Earnings: Revenue Decline Continues As Deal For Core Business Closes In June
- Yahoo Earnings Preview: Revenue Set To Decline As Slide In Ad Revenues Continues
- Yahoo Earnings: Slide In Core Advertising Derails Revenue Growth Once Again
- Should Verizon Continue To Pursue The Yahoo Deal?
- Yahoo Earnings: Search And Display Revenue Growth Continues To Elude The Company
Have more questions about Yahoo? See the links below:
- What’s Yahoo’s Revenue And Earnings Breakdown?
- What Is Yahoo’s Fundamental Value?
- How Has Yahoo’s Revenue Composition Changed Over The Last 5 Years?
- By What Percentage Can Yahoo’s Revenues And EBITDA Grow In The Next 3 Years?
Global Large Cap | U.S. Mid & Small Cap | European Large & Mid Cap |More Trefis Research