Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is acquiring LinkedIn (NYSE:LNKD) for $26.2 billion in a bid to complement its enterprise software and enterprise cloud offerings with LinkedIn’s professional network. The deal price values LinkedIn at a 50% upside compared to its closing price Friday. In this note, we look at how this price values each LinkedIn user and how LinkedIn compares with the other social media giants on this front.
It is evident from the following calculation that with a $26.2 billion valuation, LinkedIn’s monthly active users are valued at $248, which is 23% more than Facebook’s users, and over 7.5x of Twitter’s active users. LinkedIn is also ahead of the other two companies in generating revenue per user, which at $28.30 per year is almost 3x that of Facebook and about 4x that of Twitter.
- Can LinkedIn’s New Salary Benchmark Tool Drive Premium Memberships?
- LinkedIn Reports Solid Q3 Earnings; Microsoft Merger On Track
- What To Expect From LinkedIn’s Q3 Earnings
- LinkedIn’s Next Move To Increase Its User Base In India
- Why Is LinkedIn Focusing On India?
- Here’s How LinkedIn Can Benefit From Expanding Pro-Finder?