American Express (NYSE:AXP) Commercial Card Transaction Volumes declined from around $513 billion in 2019 to $407 billion in 2020. Trefis expects the metric to recover to around $470 billion in 2021 and to about $540 billion in 2022.
- American Express Stock Topped The Consensus In Q2, What’s Next?
- American Express Stock Topped The Street Expectations In Q1, Is It Fairly Priced?
- American Express Stock To Top The Street Expectations In Q1?
- American Express Stock Topped The Consensus In Q4, Is It A Buy?
- What To Expect From American Express Stock?
- American Express Stock To Edge Past The Consensus In Q3?
While volumes plummeted in 2020 due to the Covid-19 lockdowns and travel restrictions, we expect them to see a recovery over 2021 and 2022 as the global economy continues to open up.
We think AXP stock is slightly undervalued at current levels. We value AXP at about $192 per share, about 12% ahead of the current market price.
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since 2016.