L’Oreal’s third quarter 2016 results surpassed the performance of its previous two quarters this year. The company continued to grow both organically and inorganically. It performed well in its important markets and is growing impressively in several of its New Markets. It witnessed a 3.6% topline growth in the third quarter of 2016 (5.6% like-for-like). The strong growth in the quarter was a result of factors including: Consumer division’s performance outpacing that of the market due to the success of NYX Professional Makeup, Ultra Doux’s global rollout, and a strong performance in North America. L’Oreal Luxe also grew impressively due to the success of its makeup and fragrance segments and its increasing market share in important regions such as China and the U.S. Despite the slowdown in dermocosmetics market in Europe, L’Oreal’s Active Cosmetics has been growing steadily.
The company is especially going strong in North America and Europe (except France) and outperforming the overall markets in those regions. Many of L’Oreal’s New Markets including Southern Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe are growing significantly. The company’s e-commerce sales grew by 32% year-over-year in Q3 2016. All these point towards a better second half of 2016 performance by the company and another healthy year overall.
Editor’s Note: We care deeply about your inputs, and want to ensure our content is increasingly more useful to you. Please let us know what/why you liked or disliked in this article, and importantly, alternative analyses you want to see. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After Dismal Performance Last Month, L’Oreal Stock Looks Set To Rebound
- L’Oreal Stock Looks Set For A Rally On The Back Of Strong Earnings Growth
- Forecast Of The Day: L’Oreal Makeup Revenues
- Down 13% In The Past Month, L’Oreal Stock Now Looks Like A Buy
- What’s Next For L’Oreal Stock After A 6% Rise Last Month?
- Up 27% In 6 Months, Is L’Oreal Stock Running Out Of Juice?
Have more questions on L’Oreal? See the links below.
- What Is L’Oreal’s Fundamental Value On The Basis Of Its Forecasted 2015 Results?
- How Has L’Oreal’s Revenue And EBITDA Composition Changed Over 2012-2016E?
- L’Oreal: Year 2015 In Review
- What Is L’Oreal’s Fundamental Value Based On 2016 Estimated Numbers?
- L’Oreal’s Q1 2016 Earnings Results
- How Did The Top Two Beauty Companies Perform In The Fragrance Segment Over The Last Five Years?
- How Can L’Oreal’s Digital Investments Help The Company?
- Who Relies More On Debt: L’Oreal Or Estee Lauder?
- What Are Some Of The Trends Expected To Drive The Future Of The Beauty Market?
- Why Might L’Oréal Be Acquiring Luxury Perfume Brand Atelier Cologne?
- How Is L’Oreal’s Revenue Composition Expected To Trend?
- How Is L’Oreal’s Skincare Business Expected To Trend?
- Why Does L’Oreal Want To Acquire The Skincare Brand, Société des Thermes de Saint-Gervais-les-Bains?
- Here’s Why L’Oreal’s Digital Progress Places It Way Ahead Of Its Peers