The shares of Hess Corporation (NYSE: HES) have observed a strong rally in the past week assisted by the surge in benchmark prices. Hess is an independent exploration and production company with operations in the U.S., Guyana, Malaysia, and Denmark. In 2020, the U.S. and international operations contributed 86% and 14% of total production, respectively. After the recent rally of 11% in the past week, is HESS stock likely to gain more in the coming weeks and months? Per the Trefis machine learning engine which analyzes historical stock price movements, HESS stock has a 62% chance of a rise over the next month (21 trading days). See our analysis Hess Corporation Stock Chance of Rise for more details.
Five Days: HES 11%, vs. S&P 500 -1.6%; Outperformed market (3% event probability)
- Hess Corporation stock gained 11% over a five-day trading period ending 01/11/2022, compared to the broader market (S&P500) which declined 1.6% over the same period.
- Returns of 11% or higher over 5-day period in 87 times out of 2517 (3%); Stock rose in the next five days in 45 of these 87 instances (52%).
- Target Stock Down 32% This Year, What’s Next?
- Occidental Petroleum Stock Up 13% In A Week. Here’s Why?
- This Tobacco Company Appears To Be A Better Bet Over Altria Stock
- Is Boeing Stock Undervalued At $135?
- With EV Sales Strong Despite A Weak Economy, Are Supplier Stocks A Buy?
- Should You Buy Diageo Stock At $175?
Ten Days: HES 20%, vs. S&P 500 -1.5%; Outperformed market (2% event probability)
- Hess Corporation stock gained 20% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which declined 1.5%.
- Returns of 20% or higher over 10-day period in 38 times out of 2516 (2%); Stock rose in the next 10 days in 22 of these 38 instances (58%).
Twenty-One Days: HES 14%, vs. S&P 500 -0.2%; Outperformed market (11% event probability)
- Hess Corporation stock gained 14% over the last twenty-one trading days (about one month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which declined 0.2%.
- Returns of 14% or higher over 21-day period in 277 times out of 2515 (11%); Stock rose in the next 21 days in 173 of these 277 instances (62%).
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since the end of 2016.
|S&P 500 Return||-2%||-2%||109%|
|Trefis MS Portfolio Return||-4%||-4%||276%|
 Month-to-date and year-to-date as of 1/12/2022
 Cumulative total returns since the end of 2016
Invest with Trefis Market-Beating Portfolios
See all Trefis Price Estimates