Should You Buy Abercrombie & Fitch Stock At $41?
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. stock (NYSE: ANF), a specialty retailer selling casual clothing and footwear, has increased by almost 4% over the last five trading days (one week) and currently stands at around $41. It should be noted that the broader S&P500 returned almost flat growth over the last five days. Now, is ANF stock poised to grow further? We believe the company remains fundamentally overvalued and there could be room for declines in the stock going forward. Specifically, there is a 50% chance of a fall in ANF’s stock over the next month (twenty-one trading days) based on our machine learning analysis of trends in the stock price over the last ten years. See our analysis on ANF Stock Chances of Rise for more details.
Five Days: ANF 4.2%, vs. S&P500 0.06%; Outperformed market (25% likelihood event)
- Abercrombie & Fitch stock rose 4.2% over a five-day trading period, compared to a broader market (S&P500) rise of 0.06%
- A change of 4.2% or more over five trading days is a 25% likelihood event, which has occurred 628 times out of 2516 in the last ten years
Ten Days: ANF 2.2%, vs. S&P500 1.2%; Outperformed market (40% likelihood event)
- Abercrombie & Fitch stock rose 2.2% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to a broader market (S&P500) rise of 1.2%
- A change of 2.2% or more over ten trading days is a 40% likelihood event, which has occurred 1015 times out of 2511 in the last ten years
Twenty-One Days: ANF 16%, vs. S&P500 5.2%; Outperformed market (14% likelihood event)
- Abercrombie & Fitch stock rose 16% the last twenty-one trading days (one month), compared to a broader market (S&P500) rise of 5.2%
- A change of 16% or more over twenty-one trading days is a 14% likelihood event, which has occurred 341 times out of 2500 in the last ten years
For further comparison among peer groups, it is helpful to see how they stack up. Check out ANF Stock Comparison With Peers to see how ANF compares against peers on metrics that matter.
See all Trefis Price Estimates and Download Trefis Data here
What’s behind Trefis? See How It’s Powering New Collaboration and What-Ifs For CFOs and Finance Teams | Product, R&D, and Marketing Teams