Amazon(AMZN) is apparently in talks to acquire movie studio MGM Holdings, marking the e-commerce behemoth’s most ambitious bet in the entertainment space.
- Forecast Of The Day: Amazon’s International Revenue
- Amazon Stock Missed The Earnings Consensus In Q1, Is It A Buy?
- Will Amazon’s Stock Rise After Buyback And Stock Split Announcement?
- Company Of The Day: Amazon
- Forecast Of The Day: Amazon Web Services Revenue
- Forecast Of The Day: Amazon North America Revenues
Amazon is looking to bolster its Prime video service to take on the likes of Netflix and Disney Plus, and MGM, with its film franchise and library that includes James Bond, Rocky and The Pink Panther and series such as The Handmaid’s Tale and Fargo, could be an ideal target.
The potential deal could be valued at about $9 billion, per Variety magazine. Although this might seem like a lot, it’s probably a reasonable sum in the context of the content budgets of other streaming majors. Netflix for instance, is on track to spend $17 Billion on content this year.
Looking for a balanced portfolio to invest in? Here’s a high-quality portfolio to beat the market, with over 150% return since 2016, versus 85% for the S&P 500. Comprised of companies with strong revenue growth, healthy profits, lots of cash, and low risk, it has outperformed the broader market year after year, consistently.