Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC) is reportedly in advanced talks to merge with Kioxia, a Japan-based NAND flash-memory producer. The deal could be valued at around $20 billion, per a report from Reuters.
- Western Digital Stock Set For Bounce After Weak Post-Earnings Performance?
- Why Has Western Digital Stock Underperformed The S&P Since 2017?
- Western Digital Stock Has Outperformed The S&P Since 2018 Despite A Drop In Sales
- After Rough Month, Can Western Digital Stock Turn Things Around?
- Why Has Western Digital Stock Underperformed Despite Revenue Growth?
- Forecast Of The Day: Western Digital’s Client Solutions Revenue
NAND is a commodity business, and greater scale is valuable from the standpoint of pricing power and cost management. That said, it remains to be seen if a potential deal will be approved by regulators.
Investors appear to like the prospects of a merger. Western Digital stock was up almost 8% in Wednesday’s trading.
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market since 2016