Verisign’s (NASDAQ:VRSN) Number of .com and .net domain registrations rose from around 159 million in 2019 to about 187 million in 2021. Trefis expects the metric to grow to about 208 million by 2024.
- Verisign Stock Has Underperformed Despite Steady Sales Growth – Here’s Why
- Verisign Stock Has Outperformed The Broader Markets Since 2017- Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Verisign Stock Has Underperformed The S&P Since 2020
- After Consistently Underperforming The S&P, Verisign Stock Looks Set To Bounce Back
- Can Verisign Stock Continue Beating The Market?
- You Should Read This Before Buying NetApp Stock
Verisign holds a prime position in the highly regulated .com and .net domain industries. As more companies look to digitally grow their business, we expect Verisign’s business to grow as well.
However, we think that the projected growth is priced into VRSN stock. We value VRSN at about $203, roughly in line with the current market price.
|S&P 500 Return||2%||-17%||76%|
|Trefis Multi-Strategy Portfolio||3%||-20%||218%|
 Month-to-date and year-to-date as of 11/18/2022
 Cumulative total returns since the end of 2016