Forecast Of The Day: CSX Corporation’s Merchandise Carloads
CSX Corporation (NYSE:CSX) Merchandise Carloads declined from around 2.7 million in 2019 to about 2.6 million in 2021. Trefis expects the metric to rebound to about 2.7 million in 2022 and rise to about 2.8 million in 2023.
- Will Union Pacific Stock Recover To Its Pre-Inflation Shock Level?
- Union Pacific’s Bulk Freight Will Likely Drive Its Q1
- Is Union Pacific Stock A Better Pick Over This Railroad Company?
- What To Expect From Union Pacific’s Q4?
- This LTL Company Is A Better Pick Over Union Pacific Stock
- What’s Driving The Growth For Union Pacific Stock?
While Merchandise Carloads fell in 2020 due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, we expect to see a rebound, driven by rising economic activity and strong demand following the easing of Covid-19 lockdowns, a trend seen in 2021 as well.
We think the recovery in demand is not fully priced into CSX stock. Our CSX’s Valuation is around $41 per share reflects and an upside of over 18% from its current levels of $34.
See Our Complete Analysis For CSX Corporation
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since the end of 2016.
|S&P 500 Return||-8%||-8%||97%|
|Trefis MS Portfolio Return||-13%||-13%||243%|
 Month-to-date and year-to-date as of 1/26/2022
 Cumulative total returns since the end of 2016