CSX Corporation (NYSE:CSX) Merchandise Carloads declined from around 2.7 million in 2019 to about 2.6 million in 2021. Trefis expects the metric to rebound to about 2.7 million in 2022 and rise to about 2.8 million in 2023.
- What To Expect From Union Pacific’s Q2?
- Should You Buy Union Pacific Stock At $220?
- This Company Is Likely To Offer Better Returns Over Union Pacific Stock
- Union Pacific Stock Has More Room For Growth
- Union Pacific’s Strong Q4 Will Aid Its Stock Price Growth
- What To Expect From Union Pacific Stock After Q4 Earnings?
While Merchandise Carloads fell in 2020 due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, we expect to see a rebound, driven by rising economic activity and strong demand following the easing of Covid-19 lockdowns, a trend seen in 2021 as well.
We think the recovery in demand is not fully priced into CSX stock. Our CSX’s Valuation is around $41 per share reflects and an upside of over 18% from its current levels of $34.
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since the end of 2016.
|S&P 500 Return||-8%||-8%||97%|
|Trefis MS Portfolio Return||-13%||-13%||243%|
 Month-to-date and year-to-date as of 1/26/2022
 Cumulative total returns since the end of 2016