General Motors’ stock (NYSE: GM) rose by 9.9% in the last twenty-one trading days. In comparison, the broader S&P500 index rose by 5.6% over the same period. The automobile manufacturer saw its stock rise after the company continued to focus on its electric and autonomous vehicle strategy. The company is expected to launch 30 new electric vehicles globally by 2025 which will be about 40% of its offerings, with a total investment of $7 billion. They also announced an increase in EV and AV investment with $35 billion earmarked between now and 2025. Now, is GM stock poised to grow? Based on our machine learning analysis of trends in the stock price over the last ten years, there is a 51% chance of a rise in GM stock over the next month (twenty-one trading days). See our analysis on General Motors Stock Chance Of Rise for more details.
Five Days: GM 8.3%, vs. S&P500 -0.3%; Outperformed market
(4% event probability)
- General Motors stock rose 8.3% over a five day trading period ending 11/12/2021, compared to the broader market (S&P500) which declined by 0.3%
- A change of 8.3% or more over five trading days has a 4% event probability, which has occurred 106 times out of 2516 in the last ten years
Ten Days: GM 16%, vs. S&P500 1.7%; Outperformed market
(2% event probability)
- General Motors stock rose 16% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the broader market (S&P500) rise of 1.7%
- A change of 16% or more over ten trading days has a 2% event probability, which has occurred 47 times out of 2516 in the last ten years
Twenty-One Days: GM 9.9%, vs. S&P500 5.6%; Outperformed market
(15% event probability)
- General Motors stock rose 9.9% over the last twenty-one trading days (one month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) rise of 5.6%
- A change of 9.9% or more over twenty-one trading days has a 15% event probability, which has occurred 366 times out of 2516 in the last ten years
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since 2016.