Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) has launched a new Facebook for WordPress plugin which enables WordPress users to easily integrate Facebook features like social publishing, mentions and comment discussions into their WordPress blogs. It enables users to cross-post content to their Facebook Timeline and adds in some other widgets like a live activity feed, recommendations, customizable like, subscribe and send buttons and a comments box. 
With this move, Facebook is trying to weave its platform more deeply into the fabric of the blogging universe, which is dominated by WordPress. This new plugin puts it in a better position to compete with Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) which owns Blogger, WordPress’s primary competitor.
- Facebook Workplace: What Is The Size Of The Enterprise Collaboration Software Market In The U.S.?
- Facebook’s New Travel Product Might Help OTAs With More Exposure
- Can Google’s “Allo” Prove To Be A Threat To Facebook?
- Growing Mobile Usage Fueling Facebook’s Advertiser Advantage Over Twitter
- Here’s Why A “Review” Feature Can Boost Facebook’s Revenues
- Here’s Why Facebook Is Wooing Small Businesses
WordPress blogs attract more than 600 million unique visitors every month. By integrating its social features with WordPress, Facebook could see greater engagement on its platform, which could drive its social advertising revenue. Besides that, it could also stand to gain by analyzing the tons of usage data generated by users on websites integrated with its social plugins, and deliver better targeted ads to them.
We currently have a $33 Trefis price estimate for Facebook, most of which is derived from its social text and display advertising business. It competes primarily with Google, Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Yahoo (NYSE:YHOO) in the online advertising space.Notes: