Over the last week, Trefis members have created forecasts for Dish’s Pay TV Market Share, a key driver of Dish Network’s (NASDAQ:DISH) stock. The member forecasts suggest that Dish’s Pay TV Market Share will trend slightly above the estimates of the in-house team of analysts at Trefis.
Dish competes with Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) and Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) in the pay-TV market space. We currently have a Trefis price estimate of around $26 for Dish Network’s stock, about 45% above the current market price of around $18.
Around 69% of Dish Network’s stock value can be attributed to its satellite TV business, and hence the stock is quite sensitive to Dish Network Pay TV Market Share.
- Reviewing Dish Network’s Performance in 2016.
- Here’s How Dish TV Could Benefit From Its New Air TV Player?
- Why Dish Network Needs To Focus On Sling TV
- Dish Network Earnings Snapshot: Subscriber Loss Continues
- Dish Earnings Preview: Loss In Pay-TV Subscribers Will Be The Highlight Of The Quarter
- Is Dish’s Operational Efficiency Getting Better Amid Aggressive Cord-Cutting?
The average of Trefis member forecasts for Dish Network Pay TV Market Share indicate a decrease from 14.1% in 2010 to 13.8% by 2016, compared to the baseline Trefis estimate of a decrease from 13.5% in 2010 to 13.2% by the end of the Trefis forecast period. The member estimates imply an upside of 5% to the Trefis price estimate for Dish Network’s stock. In the past, Dish Network Pay TV Market Share has increased from 12.7% in 2006 to 13.3% in 2009.
Disagree? You can drag the forecast trend-line above to express your own view, and see the sensitivity of Dish Network’s stock to Dish Network Pay TV Market Share.