Rounding out the week… Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) is struggling to gain momentum for its new PlayBook tablet, launched on April 19. Take a look at our company breakdown for RIM to gauge how these early struggles could affect the company’s stock value. Moving to media, New York Times (NYSE:NYT) introduced a new paywall for its online platform a few weeks back. Since the paywall rollout, roughly 100,000 subscribers have already jumped on board.
Disney (NYSE:DIS) controls a variety of tv networks, but which ones add the most value to the company? Try our quiz of the day to find out. And don’t hesitate to check out today’s free company model on Revlon (NYSE:REV).
- How’s Sirius XM Winning Over Pandora With Content
- Here’s How L’Oreal Can Benefit From Working With Influencers
- How Much Is Pandora Making From Its Subscribers And Users?
- Accenture Earnings: Consulting Boosts Revenues, Currency Headwinds Impacts New Signings
- Is It Time For Crude Oil Prices To Recover?
- Qualcomm-NXP Semiconductors Could Create A Behemoth In The Automotive Semiconductor Space
Research in Motion – Company of the Day
Research in Motion’s new PlayBook tablet is off to a shaky start since its April 19 launch. We estimate that RIM’s new PlayBook tablet represents nearly 7% of the company’s stock value. But for this value to be realized, the product needs to elbow its way into an increasingly competitive tablet market. A lot of this will boil down to its success at the distributor level. While AT&T and Sprint plan to carry the PlayBook, Verizon is still debating the move. 
New York Times – Forecast of the Day
The New York Times recently reported disheartening quarterly numbers despite its attempts to clamp down on costs and spur revenues on its digital platform. Part of this revenue growth could come from a new paywall introduced on March 28th in an effort to prompt “heavy users” to subscribe. In response around 100,000 visitors have signed up, a positive sign that could help NYT maintain its traffic. 
Disney – Quiz of the Day
Which of these channels contributes the most to Disney’s stock value?
Revlon – Today’s Free Company Model
Get free access to Revlon today only. This company’s model is usually only available for Trefis Pro subscribers.Notes:
- The Wall Street Journal: New RIM Tablet Gets Tepid Carrier Push, April 2011 [↩]
- Bloomberg Online: New York Times Shares Fall as Ad, Circulation Revenue Decline, April 2011 [↩]