Corning (NYSE:GLW) recently showcased its large-sized Gorilla Glass at Infocomm 2012 held in Las Vegas.  The larger Gorilla Glass offers potential new revenue streams for Corning namely, large screen multi-touch devices and large screen display solutions. Both the opportunities arise from the enhanced toughness of the larger Gorilla Glass.
We have a Trefis price estimate of $16.50 for Corning, approximately 30% above its current stock market price.
- Why Optical Communications Business Is Most Critical For Corning’s Growth?
- Corning Q2 Earnings: Solid performance in Q2 is likely to build momentum for the 2nd half of 2016
- Corning Q2 2016 Earning to remain depressed but sales may increase sequentially
- Corning: What To Expect From Q4 2015 Earnings
- Corning Earnings: Optical Communications Segment To Drive Sales, Positive Outlook For Specialty Materials Segment
- Corning Earnings: Optical Communications Offsets Declines Across Other Segments
Corning partners to create exciting products
Corning has partnered with Perceptive Pixel to offer large-screen multi-touch devices and with Chillin Solutions to offer large-screen display solutions.
Perceptive Pixel launched a 55-inch multi-touch enabled LCD display featuring the larger Gorilla Glass, which has enabled the device to be very thin and light-weight yet durable and tough. The device offers highly accurate touch-experience.
Chillin Solutions also is going to create a 55-inch outdoor LCD display monitor and a 70-inch display device, both featuring the larger Gorilla Glass. The toughness of the glass ensures damage resistance in the outdoor environment along side making the device thin and light-weight.
High potential demand
These large-sized multi-touch and outdoor display devices are required in the public display market, which is growing due to increased penetration in retail, transportation, educational, hospitality, media, entertainment and several other industries.
According to projections of NPD DisplaySearch shipments of public display market are to increase by 15 percent to reach 3.1 million units in 2012. And the projected 10-year compounded annual growth rate for the same stands at 25 percent to reach 12 million units in 2018.
Well-positioned to capture market share
Corning’s large-sized Gorilla Glass is well-positioned to capture market share as a display surface in large-sized public display solutions and to help the stock achieve its Trefis estimated $17 stock price.Notes:
- Corning to Highlight Corning Gorilla Glass for Large Cover-Glas Application at InfoComm2012, June 7th 2012, www.corning.com [↩]