However, Facebook has leaped far ahead of Twitter over the past few years on several counts, including user growth, user engagement, active advertisers and ad revenue generation. For example, Facebook has over 23 times more advertisers than Twitter, even though the number of active users is only 5 times that of Twitter. Another interesting development is that Facebook-owned Instagram now has 50% more advertisers than Twitter, which has been selling ads for significantly longer than Instagram.   The table below compares key metrics for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Have more questions about Facebook? See the links below.
- How Much Revenue Can WhatsApp Generate In The Next Five Years?
- What If Average Ad Pricing Continues To Increase Rapidly On Facebook?
- The Three Key Drivers To Facebook’s Growth
- Core Platform vs Payment & Fees: What’s Facebook’s Revenue and EBITDA Margin?
- Facebook For Business News, Facebook.com, March 2 2016 [↩]
- Twitter’s (TWTR) CEO Jack Dorsey on Q4 2015 Results – Earnings Call Transcript, Seeking Alpha, Feb 10 2016 [↩]