Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) has launched a new Facebook for WordPress plugin which enables WordPress users to easily integrate Facebook features like social publishing, mentions and comment discussions into their WordPress blogs. It enables users to cross-post content to their Facebook Timeline and adds in some other widgets like a live activity feed, recommendations, customizable like, subscribe and send buttons and a comments box. 
With this move, Facebook is trying to weave its platform more deeply into the fabric of the blogging universe, which is dominated by WordPress. This new plugin puts it in a better position to compete with Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) which owns Blogger, WordPress’s primary competitor.
- How Facebook Is Working On Attracting More Video Advertisers ?
- Facebook Posts Solid Q4 Results On Rising Ad Pricing and Mobile Usage
- Five Metrics That Will Impact Facebook’s Q4 Earnings
- No Subscription Charges For WhatsApp: Does Facebook Have A Monetization Strategy In Place?
- Will 2016 Be The Year Of Facebook Messenger?
- Is “Free Basics” The Right Strategy For Facebook?
WordPress blogs attract more than 600 million unique visitors every month. By integrating its social features with WordPress, Facebook could see greater engagement on its platform, which could drive its social advertising revenue. Besides that, it could also stand to gain by analyzing the tons of usage data generated by users on websites integrated with its social plugins, and deliver better targeted ads to them.
We currently have a $33 Trefis price estimate for Facebook, most of which is derived from its social text and display advertising business. It competes primarily with Google, Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Yahoo (NYSE:YHOO) in the online advertising space.Notes: