Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) announced that it is adding Salesforce Service Cloud, a leading customer service application by Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) to its CRM (customer relationship management) suite for small and medium businesses. Dell will add Service Cloud to Dell Cloud Integrated CRM Business Applications, which already includes Salesforce Sales Cloud.  It will be available as a subscription based offering. Salesforce.com is currently the leader in the cloud-based CRM software market, which is under siege by traditional enterprise software giants like Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), SAP (NYSE:SAP), and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Paulette Altmaier, vice president, Dell Small and Medium Business said:
- How Has Salesforce.com’s Revenue and Gross Profit Composition Changed Over The Last Five Years?
- By How Much Has Salesforce.com’s Revenue & Gross Profit Changed In The Last 5 Years?
- By How Much Is Salesforce.com’s Revenue & Gross Profit Expected to Change In The Next 5 Years?
- How Is Salesforce.com’s Revenue and Gross Profit Composition Expected To Change In The Future?
- What Is Salesforce.com’s Fundamental Value Based On Expected 2016 Results?
- What is Salesforce.com’s Current Revenue and Gross Profit Breakdown?
Dell Integrated CRM with Salesforce Service Cloud helps small and medium businesses not only attain excellent customer service interactions across every service channel but also maximize the value of their existing application investments, and leverage data streams from all enterprise data and all service channels.
Dell’s Cloud Business Applications can be integrated with existing software, and include online analytics and support by Dell. They can be connected to a variety of back office applications including finance, order management, and billing software. Salesforce.com currently has 15% market share in CRM software. We expect it to gain market share throughout the forecast period.
Cloud based customer software, including the Service Cloud and the Sales Cloud, account for around 55% of Salesforce.com’ $121 Trefis price estimate, which stands nearly 20% above its current market price.Notes:
- Dell Adds Salesforce Service Cloud to Integrated CRM offering, Press Release [↩]