Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) is one of the leading players in the cloud-based enterprise software space, in which it competes with Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), SAP (NYSE:SAP) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT). It leads the market for cloud-based, on-demand CRM products, which has seen the entry of several enterprise software giants in 2011. It recently unveiled the new Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud, which enables companies to monitor their social network presence and leverage social media to interact, collect feedback and engage with their customers.
Salesforce.com focusing on the Social Marketing Cloud
- Here’s The Reason Behind Salesforce.com’s Acquisition of SteelBrick
- The One Thing Missing in Salesforce’s Growth Plans
- Here’s The Reason Behind Salesforce’s Unabated Growth
- Salesforce’s Breakneck Pace of Growth Likely Continued in the Third Quarter
- Is Salesforce’s Analytics Cloud Really Making Waves?
- The One Theme Underpinning Salesforce’s Dreamforce 2015 and Its Entire Future
It is also working on new technology, which would enable corporates to sift through the huge amounts of data and discussions on social networks like Facebook and Twitter. This data could help them better understand how their products are being received by customers and how to better reach the companies’ target markets. 
This new offering would enable its corporate clients to connect directly with those potential leads and convert them into paying users. Apparently, Salesforce.com is already working on such tools for companies like Toyota and Coca Cola. These new social media analysis and marketing tools would be integrated in the Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud.
We currently have a $121 Trefis price estimate for Salesforce.com, which stands slightly above its current market price. Cloud-based customer service and other cloud offerings by Salesforce.com account for more than 90% of its Trefis price estimate.Notes: