Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE) has set its sights on the online social media space recently with the launch of Adobe Social, its social media creation and monitoring service. It has also integrated Adobe AdLens with Adobe SiteCatalyst. Unlike most other ad campaign management tools which focus on a particular platform, Adobe AdLens is a unified ad management system which allows users to manage digital marketing efforts across search, display, and social media. Adobe SiteCatalyst is a web analytics tool that provides marketers real-time web analytics intelligence about digital strategies and marketing initiatives. This makes the combined offering a one-stop shop for digital ad management and analytics.
The company has also entered into the online video ad market with Adobe MediaWeaver, an ad-insertion service. This service is integrated with Project Primetime, a video technology platform that publishes and monetizes TV content across web-connected devices. It also introduced the Primetime Media Player, which allows TV content owners and distributors to reach audiences across web devices. This ensures that content is immediately monetizable through ad insertion and analytics. 
- Adobe Earnings: Cloud Boosts Revenues Once Again
- Adobe Earnings Preview: Creative And Marketing Cloud Revenues To Grow
- Will The Americas Continue To The Dominant Source Of Revenue For Adobe In 2016?
- How Much Revenue Can Adobe’s Marketing Cloud To Topline By 2018?
- How Much Revenue Can Creative Cloud Add To Adobe’s Topline By 2018?
- Adobe Earnings: Revenue Growth Continues, Q3 Guidance Fails To Meet Expectation
Adobe To Ride Facebook Ad Wave
It has now launched its Facebook Exchange solutions through Adobe Media Optimizer. It is an ad management tool that gives users a view of their advertising campaigns and allows users to see how different forms of engagements are doing across social channels. It also provides a forecast of how marketing campaigns will perform based on current consumer trends and algorithms. 
The Facebook Exchange (FBX) is an exchange for ad space on Facebook and uses a real-time bidding (RTB) strategy to populate Facebook ads. The integration with Facebook Exchange will allow the users of the platform to target audiences through display ads, social ads and search based ads. Adobe is a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer and is one of the few partners to offer integration with FBX.
Adobe entered the web analytics market with the acquisition of Omniture in 2009, and we estimate that it constitutes nearly 10% of Adobe’s value.
We currently have a $33 Trefis price estimate for Adobe, which is slightly below the current market price.Notes:
- Adobe Systems Incorporated : Adobe Takes Major Step to Bring Broadcast TV Online, www.4-traders.com, Nov 15, 2012 [↩]
- Adobe Launches Facebook Exchange Solutions, www.cmswire.com, Feb 19, 2013 [↩]