Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE) has set its sights on the online social media space recently with the launch of Adobe Social, its social media creation and monitoring service. It has also integrated Adobe AdLens with Adobe SiteCatalyst. Unlike most other ad campaign management tools which focus on a particular platform, Adobe AdLens is a unified ad management system which allows users to manage digital marketing efforts across search, display, and social media. Adobe SiteCatalyst is a web analytics tool that provides marketers real-time web analytics intelligence about digital strategies and marketing initiatives. This makes the combined offering a one-stop shop for digital ad management and analytics.
The company has also entered into the online video ad market with Adobe MediaWeaver, an ad-insertion service. This service is integrated with Project Primetime, a video technology platform that publishes and monetizes TV content across web-connected devices. It also introduced the Primetime Media Player, which allows TV content owners and distributors to reach audiences across web devices. This ensures that content is immediately monetizable through ad insertion and analytics. 
- Adobe Earnings: Cloud Growth Continues To Buoy Revenues
- Adobe Earnings Preview: Growth in Cloud Revenues To Boost Topline
- Upside And Downside Scenario For Adobe’s Online Marketing Cloud
- Adobe Earnings Recap: Cloud Boosts Revenues Across Divisions
- Adobe Earnings Preview: Creative Cloud And New Marketing Products To Deliver Growth
- Death Knell For Adobe Flash As Google’s Chrome Withdraws Support, Though The Impact Will Be Minor
Adobe To Ride Facebook Ad Wave
It has now launched its Facebook Exchange solutions through Adobe Media Optimizer. It is an ad management tool that gives users a view of their advertising campaigns and allows users to see how different forms of engagements are doing across social channels. It also provides a forecast of how marketing campaigns will perform based on current consumer trends and algorithms. 
The Facebook Exchange (FBX) is an exchange for ad space on Facebook and uses a real-time bidding (RTB) strategy to populate Facebook ads. The integration with Facebook Exchange will allow the users of the platform to target audiences through display ads, social ads and search based ads. Adobe is a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer and is one of the few partners to offer integration with FBX.
Adobe entered the web analytics market with the acquisition of Omniture in 2009, and we estimate that it constitutes nearly 10% of Adobe’s value.
We currently have a $33 Trefis price estimate for Adobe, which is slightly below the current market price.Notes:
- Adobe Systems Incorporated : Adobe Takes Major Step to Bring Broadcast TV Online, www.4-traders.com, Nov 15, 2012 [↩]
- Adobe Launches Facebook Exchange Solutions, www.cmswire.com, Feb 19, 2013 [↩]