Date of Last Revision: January 19, 2018
Insight Guru Inc. (d/b/a Trefis) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information while using our website, products or services. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and use personally identifiable information and personal data, including that which you provide to us. By using our website, you consent to the collection, sharing and use of information as described here.
2. Collecting Personal Information
Personal information is information that identifies you individually, such as your name, address, email address, company name, phone number, or other identifying information specific to you.
Generally, personal information is collected when you are a user, customer or potential customer of Trefis or when you register for such items as events, newsletters, reports, or documentation downloads. Personal information collected by may include your name, e-mail address, company name, title, and location, and potentially other information needed to provide or support your use of our products/services.
3. Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not requiring entry of your personal information more than once.
- To operate our products and services, and ensure you get the appropriate capabilities for your account type.
- To help you quickly find software, services or information.
- To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you.
- To contact you to promote our products and services, as well as to alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services.
- To improve your user experience with our websites, products and services.
- To help us troubleshoot any problems you might experience with our products and services.
Trefis will not use personal information in ways that are incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
We may periodically send you promotional emails or news about our company and our products which you may find interesting using the email address or other contact details you provided.
4. Sharing Personal Information
Any information you provide while visiting the Trefis site or otherwise may be used by Trefis or an authorized Trefis partner or vendor with whom we share it (such as distributors and resellers of Trefis software and services and contractors providing services on our behalf).
Trefis will only share personal information to the extent needed to perform the uses listed above, and will take steps necessary to safeguard personal information. For example, our vendors and partners are required to keep such personal information confidential and to only use it for the purposes intended. Trefis does not sell or rent personal information to third parties unless you have given us permission to do so.
Trefis may disclose your personal information, without notice, to comply with legal requirements, including any regulation, in relation to legal proceedings or investigations by governmental or law enforcement agencies, including criminal investigations, or to meet tax or other reporting requirements, including to (a) comply with legal process served on Trefis or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Trefis, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Trefis, its Web sites, or the public.
Trefis will employ reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Such measures may include the use of password protection and restricting access to personal information to those with a legitimate purpose in receiving the information.
Trefis takes reasonable steps to help ensure that the personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current. Reasonable steps are taken to accommodate privacy preferences, such as restricting access to the personal information to those who have a legitimate business need to know the information, anonymizing certain information, or assigning codes or pseudonyms when the actual names are not required for the purpose at hand.
Employee with access to such personal information are trained regarding this Policy, advised that they are responsible for fully complying with the privacy principles articulated in this Policy and instructed that violations of these principles shall result in appropriate discipline up to and including termination.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our Web site and records no website or Internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.
By visiting our site cookies will be placed on your device (computer, mobile or tablet). A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on your device by websites you visit. Some of the cookies we use are strictly necessary to operate our site. Others relate to the site’s performance and functionality and to your preferences. Trefis uses the following cookies on this site:
- Strictly necessary: These cookies enable the website to function correctly and deliver the services and products you have requested. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering sites you have visited on the internet.
- Performance & Functionality: These cookies do things like remember your preferred language, understand your preferences and associates users to any forms you submit to use to enable pre-completion of subsequent forms. Other cookies are placed only for the time or session you visit our site or whether you are a new or returning visitor to our site. These cookies may remain on your computer anywhere from the duration of your session for up to five years.
- Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help the website analyze how our site is used, such as allowing us to compile reports on website activity and providing us other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is transmitted to and stored on Google servers.
Where allowed by law, you may request access to the personal information Trefis holds about you. You should make the request in writing and Trefis will respond to that request in line with local laws. If you have a legal right of access, that right also allows you to correct, amend or delete that information when it is inaccurate.
If you becomes aware that information maintained by Trefis is inaccurate, you may contact the persons listed in the Contact Information section of this Policy to initiate a correction.
There may be circumstances when Trefis is unable to provide access to your personal information. Trefis may also deny or restrict access for legally permissible reasons, such as situations where the information contains references to other individuals and it is not possible to separate out your personal information, or where it cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons. Trefis will endeavor to advise you of any reason for denying or restricting an access request.
8. Contact Information
Inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy should be directed: email@example.com
Trefis reserves the right to modify or update this Privacy Statement at any time without notice.