Trefis provides a new breed of fundamental analysis and visualization tools to retail and institutional investors. We aim to blur the line between Excel models, visualization tools, ePublishing and interactive web sites.
We started a few years ago with a team of MIT alums, and have grown rapidly to reach profitability, and now encompass consulting firms, top 5 banks, and Fortune 500 companies as our customers. Yet we are only getting started towards our goal of monetizing a $30B+ market. Executed properly, with your help, our product will be hugely disruptive.
Are you looking to make a ton of impact working with a small, talented team? Are your tired of spending your days shuttling data between web forms and databases, when you can do so much more? Are you ready to apply your strong analytic and problem solving skills to challenging and rewarding technical projects? We want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for Java craftsman, with whole stack experience, to play a key role on the core engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of technical development and architecture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get in early with a promising startup.
We value someone who:
- enjoys and has experience working with complex data structures and algorithms
- understands and can communicate trade-offs between competing approaches
- is able to abstract intricate technical problems and communicate them clearly
- wants to take ownership of a task, and see it from inception to completion
- is dedicated and passionate about rolling up their sleeves and building something incredible
- excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- is enthusiastic to learn new technologies
- takes pride in quality architecture
The ideal candidate has most of the following skills, and is eager to learn the rest:
- advanced Java based application design and development
- backend frameworks, primarily Spring
- understanding of Excel and how it can be used to model data
And bonus points for:
- experience with Excel parsers such as Apache POI
- deep understanding of database design, efficient SQL queries, Hibernate, and caching
- comfort in a Linux environment, including facility with bash scripts and server maintenance
- ability to work efficiently with Git
Boston/Telecommute. We have an office in Boston, but the majority of the team works remotely from all over the country.
Competitive base salary, strong stock option offering, and progressive vacation policies
Email email@example.com with the subject “Java engineer” and tell us why you are perfect for the job, and any relevant prior experience.